The rules were put in place by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) on Tuesday.
Ten airports will now have to ensure that devices such as laptops, tablets, e-readers, portable DVD players, and cameras are packed inside checked luggage and kept out of the cabin, until further notice. Medical devices will be allowed.
- Dubai International in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Abu Dhabi International in the UAE
- Istanbul Ataturk in Turkey
- Cairo International in Egypt
- King Abdulaziz International in Saudi Arabia
- King Khalid International in Saudi Arabia
- Queen Alia International in Jordan
- Kuwait International
- Doha International in Qatar
- Mohammed V Airport in Morocco
The affected airlines include Emirates, Etihad, Turkish Airlines, EgyptAir, Saudia (Saudi Arabian Airlines), Royal Jordanian, Kuwait Airways, Qatar Airways, and Royal Air Maroc. Airlines were notified on March 22, the began on March 24,