- What it’s about: This thriller from the author of Gone Girl tells the story of Libby Day, whose mother and sisters were murdered at the family’s farmhouse when she was only 7. Her testimony sent her older brother, Ben, to prison for life, and 25 years later, Libby decides to meet with the Kill Club, a group of crime enthusiasts who investigate the case and force her to rethink what really happened.
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- What it’s about: The humorous memoir follows an Iowa-born man who returns to America after 20 years in England to walk the Appalachian Trail.
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- What it’s about: In this 1996 true story, a group of climbers embarked on a journey to the top of the tallest mountain, and not all of them survived.
Black Mass by Dick Lehr and Gerard O’Neill
- What it’s about: The true crime novel follows the infamous mobster Whitey Bulger, the head of the Irish mob in the ’70s, and his relationship with childhood friend John Connolly, who grew up to work for the FBI.
Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín
- What it’s about: A young girl from Ireland starts a new life in New York in the 1950s. She falls in love with an American but feels torn between him and her family back home.
The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
- What it’s about: The story of real-life artist Einar Wegener, who was one of the first people to have transgender surgery.
n the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
- What it’s about: The book tells the story of the Essex, a ship that was sunk by a whale in 1819, leaving the crew at sea for more than 90 days.
The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge by Michael Punke
- What it’s about: After a 19th-century fur trapper gets mauled by a bear and then left for dead by thieves, he embarks on a journey for revenge.
- Sorry no trailer yet
The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
- What it’s about: A lighthouse keeper and his wife discover a baby and a dead body near their home off the coast of Australia after WWI.
A Hologram For the King by Dave Eggers
- What it’s about: A struggling businessman heads to Saudi Arabia for a fight to save his finances, hoping to steer clear of foreclosure and pay his daughter’s college tuition.